Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My demographics

I land in the "Baby-Boomer"demographic, though just by a year or so. I have always associated my self with the X-generation though. The Baby Boomers. The post–World War II baby boom produced 78 million baby boomers, born between 1946 and 1964. Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong/Koler, p. 71). The X generation is "the 45 million people born between 1965 and 1976 in the “birth dearth” following the baby boom." Marketing: An Introduction. Armstrong/Koler, p. 72. my parents were divorced and I was a latchkey child and I cherish experience, and I was more skepticle as a kid. "Demographics, is the study of human populations in terms of size, density, location, age, gender, race, occupation, and other statistics. The demographic environment is of major interest to marketers because it involves people, and people make up markets" . Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong/Koler, p. 71.  Finally,  The Millennial Generation is The 83 million children of the baby boomers, born between 1977 and 2000.Marketing: An Introduction Solutions p. 73. Which is most of the people I go to school with and are young enough to be my children.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment